Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 42, GLORIOUS MYSTERIES, Thursday June 11


Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven


Let us now consider how our Saviour went forth from heaven to meet His Mother. On first meeting her, and to console her, He said: “Arise, make haste, My love, My dove, My beautiful one, and come. For winter is now past and gone."* Come, My own dear Mother, My pure and beautiful dove, leave that valley of tears, in which, for My love, thou hast suffered so much : " Come from Libanus, My Spouse, come from Libanus, come : thou shalt be crowned." Come in soul and body, to enjoy the recompense of thy holy life. If thy sufferings have been great on earth, far greater is the glory which I have pre pared for thee in heaven. Enter then that kingdom, and take thy seat near Me; come to receive that crown, which I will bestow upon thee, as Queen of the universe. ~ St. Alphonsus de Liguori, Second Discourse on the Assumption, Glories of Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment