Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 14, SORROWFUL MYSTERIES, Sunday July 12

Novena 2, Day 5, PETITION

PRAYER BEFORE A CRUCIFIX

Behold, O kind and most sweet Jesus,  * I cast myself upon my knees in Thy sight,  * and with the most fervent desire of my soul,  * I pray and beseech Thee that Thou wouldst impress upon my heart  * lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity,  * with true contrition for my sins  * and a firm purpose of amendment;  * while with deep affection and grief of soul,  * I ponder within myself and mentally contemplate Thy five wounds,  * having before my eyes the words which David the prophet  * put on Thy lips concerning Thee:  * "They have pierced My hands and My feet,  * they have numbered all My bones."

5 Our Fathers, 5 Hail Marys, 5 Glory Be and prayers for the good intentions of the Holy Father for a plenary indulgence under the usual conditions of sacramental confession and communion

No comments:

Post a Comment